The Ultimate Wedding Planning Checklist
Planning a cheap wedding... here is your free ultimate wedding planning checklist
1. Announce your engagement.
2. Hire a professional wedding consultant.
3. Send announcement of engagement to local or hometown paper.
4. Check with newspapers about wedding announcement requirements, especially due date required.
5. Set a date for the wedding.
6. Create a budget for the wedding.
7. Compile the guest list with addresses and phone numbers.
8. Make a list of possible venues and caterers.
9. Choose reception venue and caterer.
10. Choose ceremony site.
11. Order invitations and other stationery.
12. Arrange accommodations for out-of-town guests.
13. Send save-the-date cards and an informational letter for out-of-town guests.
14. Register for gifts.
15. Locate and renew vital documents you need for marriage license or honeymoon, such as passport, driver’s license, visas, and birth certificate.
16. Select attendants, including maid or matron of honor, best man, bridesmaids, ushers, flower child, and ring bearer.
17. Delegate duties to consultant, attendants, friends, and family members.
18. Reserve accommodations for wedding night.
19. Shop for a wedding dress.
20. Order wedding gown, headpiece, shoes, undergarments, and accessories.
21. Tackle any major self-maintenance goals, such as having your teeth fixed, getting in shape, or changing hair color.
22. Submit wedding announcement to newspapers.
23. Hire calligrapher or address invitations.
24. Stuff and stamp invitations.
25. Mail invitations. (For destination weddings or international guests, a three-month lead-time is advised.)
26. Plan and book honeymoon.
27. Visit photographers and check out their work.
28. Hire a photographer.
29. Review reels by videographers and interview.
30. Hire a videographer.
31. Have photos taken for newspaper wedding announcement.
32. Submit wedding announcement and photo to newspapers.
33. Interview and hire florist.
34. Meet with other vendors, such as tent rental, lighting specialists, transportation, and portable restrooms. Hire those vendors.
35. Choose and reserve rentals.
36. Update your spreadsheet and make sure you haven’t blown your budget.
37. Meet with officiant. (Hire if applicable.)
38. Interview ceremony musicians or meet with music director from ceremony site. Choose musical selections.
39. Meet with Priest or Officiant to choreograph ceremony. Choose readings and vows. If necessary write script for officiant.
40. Interview and hire band or DJ.
41. Schedule menu tasting. Select food and wines.
42. Choose wedding cake.
43. Consult with rehearsal dinner host.
44. Plan bridesmaid luncheon.
45. Finalize choices for flowers, linens, and other décor details.
46. Make sure all contracts are in order and deposits are paid.
47. Select attendants’ clothing.
48. Buy or reserve groom’s attire
49. Arrange transportation. Arrange transportation to airport for honeymoon.
50. Buy wedding rings.
51. Choose wedding favors.
52. Find hair stylists and makeup artists.
53. Test-drive your hair and makeup for the big day.
54. Buy lingerie and other honeymoon attire.
55. Have final fitting for wedding gown.
56. Make arrangements for getting wedding gown delivered to where you’re getting dressed and then to cleaners afterward.
57. Attend to details such as ring pillows, guest books, and toasting chalices. Designate someone to bring these things to the ceremony and retrieve them afterward.
58. Change name on credit cards, Social Security cards, bank accounts, and so on.
59. Get blood test and health certificate, if necessary.
60. Get extra sleep!
61. Get marriage license.
62. Get massages.
63. Write thank you notes.
64. Buy gifts for each other.
65. Buy gifts for attendants and other deserving people involved in your wedding.
66. Create a shot list for the photographer and videographer.
67. Give play list of songs to band or DJ. Include first dance song and the songs you absolutely don’t want to hear.
68. Practice first dance, taking dance lessons if necessary.
69. Have a facial (give yourself a week to recover).
70. Create and print wedding program.
71. Get a massage!
72. Write detailed wedding-day schedule.
73. Send day-of details and wedding day schedule to all vendors. Call to reconfirm specifics.
74. Pick up tickets, traveler’s checks, and last minute necessities.
75. Reconfirm all reservations, from rentals to honeymoon.
76. Update budget. (stay on target)
77. Arrange for mail to be held or picked up while you’re away and for plant watering.
78. Pack bridal emergency kit.
79. Double check arrangements for your wedding attire clothing to be picked up and cleaned. Arrange for rentals, leftover liquor, if applicable, gifts to be picked up after the wedding (if you are leaving directly for your honeymoon).
80. Get your hair done & get a massage.
81. Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure.
82. Write any toasts you plan to give.
83. Determine seating chart.
84. Address escort and place cards.
85. Stuff, stamp, and address announcements.
86. Host bridesmaids’ luncheon.
87. Rehearse ceremony.
88. Rehearsal dinner.
89. Pack for honeymoon.
90. Make sure best man and maid of honor have the rings.
91. Write all final checks and set aside cash for gratuities.
92. Give gratuities and officiant fee to best man or wedding consultant.
93. Get married.
94. Mail wedding announcements or have someone do it for you.
All of these topics are covered on www.BrideToBeWaysToSave.com
addressing wedding invitations
beach wedding dresses
catholic church wedding
catholic wedding music
catholic wedding readings
cheap medieval wedding dresses
cheap plus size wedding gowns
cheap unique wedding dresses
cheap vegas wedding
cheap wedding bouquets
cheap wedding cakes
cheap wedding decoration
cheap wedding decorations
cheap wedding dresses
cheap wedding gowns
cheap wedding ideas
cheap wedding invitations
cheap wedding photographers
cheap wedding plans
cheap wedding rings
cheap wedding supplies
cheap wedding veils
cheap wholesale wedding favors
christian wedding songs
creative wedding ideas
design your own wedding dress
design your own wedding ring
discount wedding bands
fall wedding flowers
father daughter dance
father daughter songs
free printable wedding invitations
free wedding announcements
free wedding clipart
free wedding graphics
free wedding planner
free wedding poems
free wedding speeches
free wedding toast
free wedding vows
inexpensive wedding invitations
las vegas outdoor wedding
las vegas wedding packages
make your own wedding invitations
mother son dance songs
order cheap invitations for wedding
original wedding vows
pictures of wedding cakes
popular wedding songs
pretty hair styles
printable wedding invitations
printable wedding planner
silk wedding flowers
summer wedding flowers
traditional wedding anniversary gifts
very cheap wedding gowns
very cheap wedding invitations
wedding announcement wording samples
wedding cake designs
wedding cake gallery
wedding cake ideas
wedding cake pictures
wedding cake prices
wedding chapels in las vegas
wedding etiquette -- this topic will be covered soon
wedding gift etiquette -- this topic will be covered soon
wedding hair styles
wedding invitation ideas
wedding invitation wording
wedding photography tips
wedding planning checklist
wedding program template
wedding reception decoration ideas
wedding reception decorations
wedding shower games